Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm Sorry

I have an apology to make.  I have written for fifteen months (66 posts) and have reminded you (as the Lord has reminded me) that our man-made routines can often get in the way of seeing and hearing God.  For most of the last year I have diligently sought the Lord's direction for my posts and he has faithfully provided but I have begun to do what I wanted not to do. . . gotten mundane and predictable.  I'm sorry.


I started this post twice earlier today and both times realized that they were of me and not of God.  I believe they were scripturally true but were not what the Lord delivered today. Actually God didn't deliver anything today until He reminded me that I had been a hypocrite.  I preach fervently about following the lead of the Holy Spirit and the danger of wrought repetition.  I know that when we sit, stand, repeat the words on the screen, and follow the script we planned out days earlier and close our spiritual ears to the voice of God, we often fall short of all that God has for us.  So what have I done?  Just that.  I've written every Saturday morning at the same time.  I've pasted a neat little picture in the upper left hand corner and then hit "Publish".  I'm sorry.


I have urged people to spend more time praying and less time trying to plan and figure things out and my knees have lost their callouses.  I'm sorry.


I love God but I want to love him more.  I love people but want to love them more.  I hate sin but I want to hate it even more.  I like the world way too much.  I'm sorry.


Lord,


Refresh me and fill me to overflowing with your Spirit.  Humble me where I need humbling and show me grace where I have failed you.  


In Jesus name I pray, Amen




Grace, peace, and again I say, "I'm sorry"


David

6 comments:

  1. I have read all 66 posts and I have to say this is not what I was expecting today. (That is not a bad thing.)

    David, thank you for your transparency! God's timing with this post is interesting to me. On Good Friday the church I attend, regularly, did not offer a service that fit my schedule. So, I attended another church, out of my denomination. It has left me thinking about the rut that I have fallen into with my faith and it also left me thinking, and feeling, different about God than I have in a really long time. Now, I have to figure out what to do about that.

    I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I love God but I want to love him more. I love people but want to love them more. I hate sin but I want to hate it even more. I like the world way too much....."

    This is everything I needed to hear today. Thank you, brother....

    ReplyDelete
  3. will pray for you...less us, more Him. Happy Resurrection Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you David for letting the Holy Spirit lead, guide and convict you. I had an experience over the past week that has helped show me how incredibly patient and persistent the Holy Spirit is with me and I know that's true for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what else to say other than thank you Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristine, Liz, Jeff, Michele, and Anonymous,

    Your encouragement is much appreciated and I want to thank you all also for your own ministries. I will pray today for each of you that the Holy Spirit will (like he has me) keeps you pressing on and prevents you from a spiritual rut. Satan is ok with us being in a rut even if it's in church as long as we cease from being effective in Kingdom work. I thank God for you my brothers and sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post a comment or question. This is meant to be a dialogue not a monologue. Look forward to hearing from you!