Saturday, March 27, 2010

Always Be Prepared To Give and Answer . . .

1 Peter 3:14-15

"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."

I have been writing this Blog for over sixty weeks now and I want to do something a little different today.  Peter gave us a model here for helping people understand the Good News to which he clung to for hope.  We are to set apart Christ as Lord, be prepared to give an answer to those who ask, and do so with gentleness and respect.  With that in mind I'd like to open the door for you to drop us a question you have about God, about the Bible, or about life that you'd like us to address.

I have had many people ask questions privately in emails, most of which I've tried to answer without putting them forth to the general public.  I understand that many questions are deeply personal and sensitive but I also know that they are not uncommon and people need answers.  I'd like to ask you to send us questions and if you'd like to remain anonymous we will be sure to maintain your anonymity as we share the questions openly.  I promise that your questions and your particular circumstance are not limited to you.  As I look at people and I look back in the Word of God I see abuse, addiction, depression, fear, sin, death, sickness, doubt, love, betrayal, and every other emotion and situation ever known.  I believe that we often don't broach those things in church but we need to.  Jesus met the people in the midst of their brokenness and brought them the answer.  He said, "Come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest."

So with that said, the door is open.

1)  If you are visiting this blog directly on the website you will see in the upper right hand corner of this post (and every post) a small box with a red circle and a number.  The number represents the number of comments for a particular post.  If you click on the number it will open a comment box.  You can comment as a member of Google, aim, Wordpress, etc or if you don't have an account you can enter a comment as "anonymous".

2)  If you've received this post in an email or through a subscription then there will be a link at the bottom that says, "email the author".  Click on the link then send us an email.

3) If you want to send us a question or comment you can also do so through the main "I-61 PROJECT.ORG" website.  Click on the envelope/billboard or the "contact" link at the top and a comment box will open for you to enter your comments or questions.

Please know that we will respect any question or comment you send and will respect your privacy if you wish to be anonymous.  No topic is off limits.  Depending on the response today we will do our best to address each one as a post but if we can not get to every one as a post we will always answer each one personally to you if you include contact information (we will never publish that info publicly).

We pray for you all today and ask that God draw you near to his grace and love.

David and the I-61 Project


1 comment:

  1. As a reader, I have been spiritually nourished by many of these posts. As a leader and a teacher, you also need spiritual nourishment. So my question is, what can I pray for specifically to allow you to be encouraged in your faith and continue to be nourished?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post a comment or question. This is meant to be a dialogue not a monologue. Look forward to hearing from you!