Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Sabbatical


I sat down today to write something and after about half an hour I highlighted the whole thing and hit the delete button.  So there I sat staring at a blank screen asking God for a word and what came to me wasn't a word for you but for me.  Ivor (my ministry partner) called and we worked though that and now I feel OK about the fact that I am not going to write anything else today but instead pursue my relationship with the God who mad me, loved me, saved me, and is growing me.  I have written faithfully for over eighty weeks and last week was the first time I didn't post to this Blog.  Today I hope that you to will ask God what he wants for YOU and wants from YOU.  Ultimately our salvation and our growth in Christ comes not from what we read or hear but from our own desire for and  pursuit of God.  God willing, I'll catch you back here next week. This may not sound very manly but I love you all (even if I've never met you).


Peace,

David

1 comment:

Please feel free to post a comment or question. This is meant to be a dialogue not a monologue. Look forward to hearing from you!